Favorite places to vacation...

I am on an extended vacation right now and I love Fl it is where I grew up. We always went on vacation up to the Smoky Mountains, TN and NC. So i was just wondering what is your favorite vacation that you went on? Where is that place that you went as kids? Where would you go for a dream vacation?

Melbornj

Asked by Melbornj at 11:03 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Travel

• My favorite vacations were to Kauai, Hawaii and Italy with my husband. Had a blast both times. Favorite vacations as a kid were when we went camping with my cousins. I also like going to National Parks. My dream vacation would be a one year tour of the world. England, Germany, Egypt, South America, etc. I would also like to take a train ride across Canada. I love to travel!!
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:24 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I've been all over the place, most of the United States, Europe, England, Egypt twice, Canada.
    My favorites were Italy and Egypt. But I'm a history buff so really enjoyed it. I would love to go to Peru and to the Mayan ruins in Mexico. And also Angor Wat.
    My 2 favorite places in the US were Alaska and Montana, loved seeing Yellowstone.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:13 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I've been to Ka'anapali beach Maui 10x and love it there. I've been to Cabarete beach in the Dominican Republic like 10 -15x and like it there too. Didn't like Mexico much, Buenos Aires was awesome, Santiago and Valparaiso Chile are beautiful but I'm not a fan of the food there.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 11:09 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• My FAVORITE place to vacation is Florida. :) Anywhere in Florida. I'm from Wisconsin and some family lives in West Palm Beach and Daytona Beach...they're my favorite places in the world!

My dream vacation would be to travel Europe, and if I couldn't do that, than at least Italy. That would be so fun!

When I was a kid my mom drove me and my younger brothers out to NYC and went in the statue of liberty, then all the way up to Niagara Falls, then back to Wisconsin through Canada...that was fun.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 11:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Spain! Especially Torremolinos

Answer by rkoloms at 7:55 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• So many places....

The parental units are in FL, so that is a nice getaway for us.. we were there last week actually!
    We love to cruise, so pretty much anywhere in the Caribbean is cool.. we love the Cayman Islands, Aruba, Belize...
    I think my favorite place that I've ever been was China though... so much culture and history. LOVE IT!
    I'm trying to talk Dh into a Mediterranean cruise or Asian cruise... I'd also like to go to Australia, and a few select places in Europe.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 3:17 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Bisbee, Arizona. St. Croix. Canada
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:17 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I agree with rkoloms
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:11 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I would easily go to Tahiti and stay for a long time. Israel is always on the top of our list as DH's sisters are there with all of our nieces and nephews.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:35 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Any place in the Caribbean, especially on a boat, including cruises.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:26 PM on Nov. 24, 2009