christmas toys

what is the best toy to get my soon to be 5 month old for christmas? i want it to be something he'll like. he likes lights and music but at the same time i want it to be something he can use to learn from in his growing process.

krisew90

Asked by krisew90 at 11:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you can try vtech, that'll last for a long time, the little key board makes noises... or a little baby piano.. or little blocks... my mother in law found my daughter this awesome toy that is like a cylinder and it rolls and when it rolls it makes music and lights up and it has four different shapes that can be put into it.. really cool she loves it.. i'd just try something that he can grow up with so it makes it worth it
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:06 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I have a 5 month old baby who will be 7 months at Christmas. We got him toys that he can sit up and play with. Toys that have tons of lights and noises...one that has a bunch of turning gears. You could get your baby a toy that is stationary but converts to a toy her or she can learn to walk with and eventually ride on. My little girl had one of those. We got him tub toys. Shape sorters are great for learning. Peek-a-blocks fascinated my other kids when they were little. They make a shape sorter for those blocks. I have seen toys that suction to a high chair or any flat surface...a great idea....my lil boy drops everything. Hope you got a good idea or two! Take care!!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 11:23 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• My son LOVED his bouncer that had lights and music on it at that age. He also liked any toy that lit up. He now has a "cell phone" that teaches numbers, names, ABC's, and such
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 11:23 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Does he have a jumperoo? That was a hit when my son was that age. Aside from that, anything that goes from sationary to pushable or rideable will last some time. My son started pushing things or sitting on things around 8 months old. Or a table that goes from being placed on the floor to play with... to standing at while playing with it. Things such as giantic building blocks, canopy car, or linking beads can be used beyond 6 months old. Books are always wonderful gifts. Sign them to make them super-special.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 12:50 AM on Nov. 19, 2009