If the "20th hijacker" was tried in New York...Why not KSM?

Back in 2002, when the Bush Department of Justice put Zacarias Moussaoui, the so-called 20th 9/11 hijacker, on trial in a federal court in northern Virginia, the Alabama Republican was willing to grant presidential deference.

Interviewed after the Moussaoui trial, however, Giuliani insisted that the verdict (no death penalty but six consecutive life terms with no possibly of parole) said "something pretty remarkable" about the American people and legal system.

"I could tell that these jurors were very emotionally affected by this as I was when we went through all of the events," he said. "And yet they were able to come to what they regarded as a rational judgment. It has to say something about what America is like. And even though I am disappointed that they didn't reach the death penalty result, I would have preferred that, I have great respect for what they did here."

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 11:08 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• There were other Republicans, as well, who praised the Moussaoui case as exemplary of the United States government's commitment to open and fair judicial hearings. Former Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (R-Tenn.) said that the verdict was "a small but important piece of justice" that provided "proof that our society is grounded in the liberating power of justice and the rule of law, which are our most valuable weapons in the war on terror."

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:09 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Excuse me, in Virginia

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:10 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• 1) Because a guilty plea has already been filed. 2) Because this high profile case will make them martyrs 3) Because the press will spill all of our secrets out on the front page so that Russia and Iran sit back and take notes
    pvtjokerus

Answer by pvtjokerus at 11:15 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Wasn't he living in Iowa and was picked up in Minnesota? If so he was going to get a trial like anyone else picked up here. These enemy combatants have been picked up in other countries and should not darken our soil. Those picked up in America should get a trial the rest can rot in Cuba. From what Michael Moore says it is really a nice country.lol
    Anonymous

So you want a military presence in Cuba forever? What happens when the war ends? STill pay MILLIONS for their babysitting and health care in Cuba?? Send more soldiers there...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• He was picked up in the US, that is what is different.

We are going to pay millions to babysit them wherever they are.........unless we execute them. Better Cuba than the US.

sweet, will you please tell me why you are so hot to trot to defend these monsters? Are you Muslim?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:38 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• sweet, will you please tell me why you are so hot to trot to defend these monsters? Are you Muslim?

How am I defending them? I want them convicted....I just don't want our soldiers babysitting in Cuba FOREVER. I would never defend a Terrorist. I am not a Muslim, what if I was? What does that have to do with the conversation?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:41 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• "sweet, will you please tell me why you are so hot to trot to defend these monsters? Are you Muslim? "

WAHOO....Finally, someone else notices that Sweets loyalties are shaded grey.
    pvtjokerus

Answer by pvtjokerus at 11:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• sweet, will you please tell me why you are so hot to trot to defend these monsters? Are you Muslim? " WAHOO....Finally, someone else notices that Sweets loyalties are shaded grey.

Nothing grey about my loyalties. I am for justice. Where did I defend a terrorist??? SHow me please?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Let's begin with.....water boarding....you said that no info was gleaned from the water boarding of KSM and that should have never happened to him. You have stated that no terrorist regardless if it was an emergency situation should be waterboarded. You have complained that regardless if the Patriot Act protects us from terrorist acts that it is unconstitutional based on...well, I am not sure what you based that on.....heck, even Prez O is pushing to keep the PA the same as what Bush had.
    pvtjokerus

Answer by pvtjokerus at 11:52 PM on Nov. 18, 2009