homemade cat food?

I made the majority of my sons babyfood and it did save me a lot of money...does the same go for homemade cat food? my friend is copying some recipes for me. does making catfood from scratch save money in the long run like homemade babyfood? and I dont want to do this just for the cost if it does save me money, but also for the health benefits

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 11:16 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Pets

• One of the major differences with making your own baby food and making your own pet food comes down to the details. When babies are eating baby food, most of it is to introduce them to a variety foods but their main source of nutrition is still formula or breast milk for the first year or so.

When it comes to pets, a pre-made food is your best bet. All of the calculations and tests have been done to ensure your cat is getting a balanced food. The cost is also lower, especially if you feed a dry food.

The reason that humans need to eat such a large variety of foods is because that is our way of ensuring that we get the right mix of vitamins, minerals, protein, fats, and carbs. We could probably survive and do quite well if a pre-made formula was made for us, but we are too picky about tastes and we like sweets and treats too much - and we suffer for it.

Feed your cat cat food. It will save you time and money.
    Tuzyae

Answer by Tuzyae at 10:41 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• lol I would just open a can of tuna and call it a day!
    mommyziegler

Answer by mommyziegler at 11:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• To much Tuna ius not good for a cat. I honestly don't if it is cheaper to do it that. Years ago i tried the raw diet for my dog and it cost me more to feed her then it did the a holistic bag of dog food. I honestly was not impressed with the results and went back to feeding a holistic brand of dog food. You look into going that route as well if you want your cat on a better diet.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 5:58 AM on Nov. 19, 2009