jelousy

how can i stop myself from being jelous? before our relationship i was never the jelous type. now i find myself getting jelous a lot. and over stupid, silly things. like things that i do. how can i control my jelousy? should i tell him that it seems to be getting worse and have him help me with it? how can i just become unjelous? please help. i think this is a part in why our relationship is going downhill a little.

krisew90

Asked by krisew90 at 11:20 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• there is always an underlining reason why some one is jealous. it usually stems from some past experience that has left you feeling insecure. perhaps from a previos relationship. or perhaps your self esteem has lowered. i myself had a severe jelousy problem when entering into my current relations ship. my ex husband cheated on me . it left me feeling like nothing and it made me fear fort hat to happen again. so out of fear and insecurity i would get jealous if other girls looked and tried to flirt with him. even if he was innocent in it. i would talk to him about it. i would tell him just like that. hey i got jealous today i now you did nothing wrong. and i am sorry. he would reassure me he was here for me and he has been so patient. and over the course of a year it is almost completely gone. dont go accusing. simply tell them hey i felt a little jealous today. explain w.o accusing. communication is key.
    Anonymous

• Don't know how to help you with that. I can teach you how to spell Jealous though. Just add an "a" after the "e". Good luck with the relationship issue though.
    Anonymous

• Wow, anon :26 that was kinda rude. Maybe she didn't spell it correctly becuz she is upset about her feeling jelous! Anyway, I would take the advice of anon:28 and try talking to your hubby, or s/o. You might also want to think about what makes you feel good about yourself when you have these jealous feelings.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Nov. 19, 2009