Is it odd NOT to be attracted to your S/O?

Me and my S/O have been together for around three years, a few years ago we made love for the first time and now Im preg. with our first child.

He is a bigger guy... around 3oolbs and I love him. Im just not sexually attracted to him often...I think it might be the wight.. I am not sure,

there are just some things that he does that annoy the crap out of me, like mouth breathing (ug) and nail biting. And sometimes he forgets to flush or wash his hands is just friggen annoying that I have to ask him if he flushed ect. I mean I love him... and I have a special feeling when ever I am around him, I feel safe and happy and all that other mushy stuff but sex.. eh.. not so much...
Whats wrong with me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• If my DH gained 100lbs I probably wouldn't be very sexually attracted to him any more either!

I'm really sorry about the not flushing and other stuff, that's gross.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 11:33 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• you know i kind feel that way about my hubby but we have had 2 kids we started young i am only 22 now and my sex drive is like gone. it like comes and goes but i love him to death.
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 11:35 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• i mean i put on maybe 10 lbs and sometimes i feel that way
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 11:36 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• its normal yes and something i think you should talk to him about, like it or not a healthy sex life is part of a healthy relationship
    Joshiesxmama

Answer by Joshiesxmama at 11:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• My husband weighs 180 and when he layed off he gains around 50 lbs....I cannot stand to have his gut thrusting while we have sex....it is those times yeah i cannot be remotely attracted to him.
    when he works he sweats off the weight and becomes an average size.
    Just me but I can't stand a belly thrusting forward and I just have to wonder how 2 over weight people "do it"....sorry.....Just my thoughts
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• wow, some of you women's responses are swallow. I can only imagine what you would do  to your SO/DH if he come to you and said, Honey! your just to fat! it disgusts me when we have sex. Yeah I can see that going so great. OP, just try to encourage your husband to get healthy. If his weight bothers you, just go to him and say that you are worried for his health and that you fear you may loose him if he doesn't do anything about it. Then try to help him loose the weight by being encouraging and motivating. Like doing it with him.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 12:19 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Yeah... not a problem, I'd never let myself go that far... 100lbs isn't like OPPS!

Besides I don't see how it's shallow, I don't think I can consciously control what I'm sexually attracted to! Just like the OP, I'm not saying I would love him.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 12:27 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Not sure if it's normal but am going through it myself.
    Anonymous

• I've tried dieting with him but he refuses, I mean I dont think I could just go "please go on a diet with me Or I cant be completly physicaly attracted to you." I hate my self for being so shallow but some times I just cant get past it.. if there were any tips to stop my self from being shallow that be awesome! I love him, he is like the only one in the world who understands me, ironic that he wont seem to listen; Its getting out of hand now... he is going to fast food joints every night and he works in a bar where he gets half price wings and stuff.... I make him dinner but he wont eat it...
    Anonymous

• My hubs weighs about 300 pounds, I weigh 125. His gut doesn't bother me. :)
    If you're not as physically attracted to him as you used to be, focus on his personality traits that you find attractice, and go with that.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:45 PM on Nov. 19, 2009