dh afterbirth

my dh has change (for the negative) lol

i mean , his not romantic and is not into me , like i think he sees me more like a "person that he knows , like a friend lol" than a wife

we havent being intimate since before our babyson was born (around 5 months) our babyson is almost 3 months !

that has beng for different reasons but still ,

but he is good with our baby and all , is just with me lol

hows ur dh with you ? or how ws he ?

did he change for the better ?

happymom1988

Asked by happymom1988 at 11:38 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• He changed for the better after i pitched a big fit. A person will change if the want to. Help him to want to change. And tell him just what you told us.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 11:56 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• He is a GREAT father but he is not a great husband as he used to be!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Not all guys cope well with becoming fathers. I dont think its uncommon to go through this. I havent seen my husband since a week after our DS ( four months old) was born so I dont know that I can really answer this one very well.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:31 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Maybe you guys need to find a sitter and have a date night and rekindle your relationship!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:46 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• You need to be patient with him and he needs to be patient with you. A new baby is a huge change in both of your lives and you're both going through a lot of stress and adjustments. At least he's good with the baby and pitches in a lot, that shows that he's still a family man and his family is still his priority. I agree with the previous poster who said that you guys need some alone couple time. Have some one watch the baby and go out together - anywhere - and just relax together.

Keep in mind that you are still very sensitive. When I look back on my PP days I don't think I realized how long it took me to get over the emotions of being a new mom. I was really sensitive and emotional for a long time and where I usually knew when I was irrational before the baby, during that time I had no idea I was over reacting or not putting things into proper perspective. I'm not saying this is what you are doing, this was me.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:39 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Have you discussed this with him?

Answer by rkoloms at 11:05 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• yes, i have but he doesnt care ! lol

thats why im asking about others' cases ! lol

he just doesnt care , he's said it to m y face!
    happymom1988

Answer by happymom1988 at 12:19 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• my dh is great, heis a great dad and husnbad, a little forgetfull. he did used to help alot more around teh house before we had kids but not anymore. our sex life is good he wnats it all teh time me not so much. maybe is time for couseling. i knwo some guys look at so different once they see them give birth
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:22 PM on Nov. 19, 2009