Anyone else married to the type of guy that..

no matter what u say..he feels the need to contradict you? I mean really...so annoying. Im constantly having to tell him to shut the hell up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• sounds like you guys need some couples counseling. Good luck!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:15 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Are we married to the same man?????????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• No, but I've got a contrary kid! TEENAGERS!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• no. if iam wrong he wil tell me. and he has this sexi thing where he swears he knows hes ALWAYS right, though sometimes hes wrong. so we might play "argue" for a minute. but if he was wrong he will admit and apologize!
    try doing it back to him to let him understand how annoying it is. it might help. if it doesnt, try counsling. it can only help.
    good luck!
    krisew90

Answer by krisew90 at 12:30 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• mine no matter how hard i try to please him finds fault in everything
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 1:05 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• there would be a divorce if my man acted like that. I can't put up with that kind of stuff from him, spouses are there to support you, not belittle and contradict you.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 1:16 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• When I married my husband almost 45 years ago, he was kind of like your husband. For years, I would either get mad and sulk or I would just try to ignore his remarks. I finally began to calmly and quietly explain to him that when he did that, he made me feel ignorant and/or stupid, and I asked him to please stop. It did not happen immediately, but he eventually stopped it altogether. He did not realize that every time he did that, he was hurting my feelings. I told him that if he thought I was wrong about something, he could tell me in private and that I would then correct my own mistake. I told him also that when he spoke to me like that, he made me feel like his child and not his wife, and that I really wanted to feel like his wife because I loved him very much. If you make an appeal to him rather than a deman of him, I think your husband just might stop it, too.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:55 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• the next time he expects to get laid, tell him you're not comfortable having sex with someone you cannot communicate with. or explain to him why his idea of having sex contradicts with your idea of getting sleep that night. for about 8 straight months.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:06 AM on Nov. 19, 2009