What do u say to ur child when...

they dont want to sit next to their grandparents? My daughter says shes creeped out cause there really wrinkly and smell funny.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Nov. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• I tell my children that one day i will be wrinkly and smell funny and one day they will be wrinkly and smell funny too. And that aging is something that happens to everyone and is not something to be feared but something to embrace. For each and every wrinkle the elders have is a symbol of their wisdom and life lessons.

Of course, we don't have that problem here because MIL is like the coolest funnest lady to be around. like. ever! lol at least, according to my boys.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:18 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• read them the story about the mom who rocks her boy to sleep and when shess old in return he rocks her, i forgot the name, famous book
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 12:38 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Sharing stories about their lives may help her realize that they were a child like she is, grew up like you and became parents, and eventually grew old to enjoy their grandchildren.
    If her grandparents could share some specific stories or events in their lives to endear her to them, then she may want to know more and grow closer to them.
    Sometimes, though, we just have to allow children to decide their own comfort zones and not push them if they are truly reluctant.
    Best wishes!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:53 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• i tell him --- that is my mommy --- be nice to my mommy!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:26 PM on Nov. 19, 2009