babysitting vs inhome daycare?

So, my husband and I want to move to a bigger place but in order to do that I need to make at least $200 more than I do now. So, I was considering starting a daycare. Well, last night I ran into someone who was looking for a daycare for her 2 1/2 mo old son. She only needs twice a week starting in January. Legally do I need to go through the process and start a daycare to watch her son or can I consider it babysitting?

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 12:33 AM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• You can consider it babysitting. I watch a 7mth old, 4. 9 and 12 yr old. I get paid by the state for all of them. If I go over 6 total (including my own) Ill have to get licensed as a daycare.
    mrsmilander

Answer by mrsmilander at 12:50 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• baby-sitting no one is going to know anything you don't tell them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Insurance and licensing will protect you.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:22 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Laws vary by state. I know here you can have kids from one family, I think a limit of 3 or 4, without needing to be licensed. It's something I've been considering myself but I'd worry about getting my son places he needs to be and so on.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 2:31 PM on Nov. 19, 2009