Is it true that after having a baby in the first 6 months you are very fertile?

tasase

Asked by tasase at 12:36 AM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• yes!! very very true!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 12:43 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• That isn't necessarily be true. My cousin was unable to get pregnant for a year and a half.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 12:45 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• For some women yes, for some women no. If you don't want to be pregnant, take the appropriate precautions.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:11 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• NO NO NO NO NO!!!!

What would make you more fertile? Explain the biology. You can't because there isn't anything. If you are breastfeeding exclusively, that is actually an effective birth control (as long as you are not on a schedule and only go 1 six hr stretch per day, no bottles or pacifiers of any kind etc). If you're not exclusively breastfeeding then your body resumes ovulation as normal. It does NOT become superfertile!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:13 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• for some people yes....its something about added hormones...
    livingrlovesong

Answer by livingrlovesong at 1:22 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Very very true
    mlopez139

Answer by mlopez139 at 10:35 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• It depends on the person. Hormones are very out of whack during that time. I didn't ovulate until 4.5 months post-partum, so it would have been impossible for me to get pregnant during that time, not easier. I think the idea that it's easier to get pregnant might have more to do with not being able to tell when you're fertile, so you might be more likely to get pregnant at a time when you wouldn't necessarily be trying, if that makes any sense.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:44 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Well if its true I would be pregnant right now. And I'm not. It depends on the person.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 1:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I agree it all depends on the person as after i had my 14mth old I was getting my period every other month which it began to come mthly just 5mths ago and im still not pregnant
    Bellisimarose

Answer by Bellisimarose at 10:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2009