Pincher

My son seems to think it's necessary to pinch me every chance he gets. Lately it's seems to be only when he is frusterated. I firmly tell him no when he does it , but pretty sure a 8 month old doesn't really grasp the meaning of the word especially when he just laughs when I say it. (lol) Any suggestions to get him to stop, as now he is starting to do it to other people

luvububee

Asked by luvububee at 12:38 AM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• show him how to be genlte. you can take your hand and show him how to touch you gently and the take his hand and do the same. The more calm you are more easier it will be for him to let go of his frustration. My 3 year old is a pincher.... he didn't do it that early, but I notice he does it out of frustration and the more frustrated I get with him the more he does it. If I'm calm when I approach his pinching he is more likely to stop.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:46 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• My daughter only pinches me and her grandma... her grandma used to get bruses all over her chest from jayden... I'd have to say give him something to hold instead and let him know it hurts...
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:56 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• My DD was pinching the cat. After showing her how to pet nicely, she actually follows suit. However, there are times when she still grabs the hair or pinches the cat. I think it's a phase he'll have to grow out of. My DD didn't start mimicking us until she was 10 months, so I'm not sure how effective behavioral modification is before they start mimicking.
    SlightlyPerfect

Answer by SlightlyPerfect at 8:37 AM on Nov. 19, 2009