Quiverful movement just since the '80's

I just saw a documentary of the quiverful religious movement. This leaves me to ask, why now during such a complicated time? Also, why do followers of this movements feel that they will earn esteem through radical pronatalism than just to convert existing non-believers?

Seems that Christianity gets reinvented with new interpretations that I feel that I have to question it all.

Why do Christian groups all say that they are right, but cannot agree with each other (group to group)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• That's three questions in one!

I honestly don't understand the movement. A hunter or warrior has a full quiver because arrows are EXPENDABLE. He expects to lose most of them. These folks chose a name that implies that they expect to lose most of their chidlren and consider those kids to be expendable.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:15 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I am not sure quiverful is out to seek anyones approval or earn esteem. They just happen to be against birth control & sterilisation and believe in the virtues of large families. Nothing illegal in that . There are any number of Christian groups, sects and cults and in my opinion there are quite a few that are more off the wall and even fraudulent than quiverful.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 2:59 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Seems that Christianity gets reinvented with new interpretations that I feel that I have to question it all. Why do Christian groups all say that they are right, but cannot agree with each other (group to group)?

You can't learn the Truth by looking at any one religious body or by looking to a crowd of religions (as in Christendom for example). Only the Bible is the source of Truth and is unchanged and unchangeable. The Bible is the ONLY way to find the Truth.

CosyMama

Answer by CosyMama at 4:11 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• If it started in the 80's then it isn't starting now during a difficult time.
    You shouldn't have to feel that you need to question it all, you can leave people to their beliefs alone with their beliefs and stop wondering why and how so much.
    I would not consider having a large family radical pronatalism, too extreme a wording there.
    And, finally not all Christian groups think or say they are right, and some do get along.
    There are passages in the Bible somewhere that speaks of going forth and being fruitful, and some couples do delight, love and want many many children. The two don't necessarily have to be forced together. And it certainly is their right to have the children, especially if they are doing well by them. I think it is wonderful these families live simple lives, spiritual lives, and have lots of loving family and amazingly I don't spend any time dwelling on their choices.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:49 AM on Nov. 19, 2009