is it nomal to go in to labor and not have any pain?

well i did not have pain with my contractions it just felt like i had to go number 2 andd when my mother inlaw told me i had to the hospital i went and i was nine cm and started pushing less then 10mins after i was in the hospital i had no idea i was in labor. everyone always told me that i would know when it was time cause it would be painful but i gusse they were wrong..i had a beatiful 9pound baby boy..

tnt_lady19

Asked by tnt_lady19 at 1:56 AM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• congratulations on the baby I just had a baby too a week ago

I dont know if its normal but there are many women who dont feel those awful period cramp like contractions
    I on the other hand felt every contraction possible and was in labor for 14 hours so u should feel lucky... :)
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:58 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• You are so damn lucky! :) I think women that don't experience the painful contraction are few and far in between.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• SO DAMN LUCKY LOL.. it could have been worse your very lucky your mil told you to go to the hospital... haven't you seen i didn't know i was pregnant... its very possible to go into labor and not know
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:08 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• My aunt had been having some pressure in her tummy but not tons. She went to the doc and he checked her and told her to go straight to the hospital. She said she would come back in a little while she was doing laundry and he told her no she was already 8cm dialated. Me not so lucky but I have been and will be induced with all my kids. Pitocin can be a bitch
    mommyin07n08

Answer by mommyin07n08 at 2:15 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• i think its a sign that you should have more kids lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• That's why my DD was born at home! I was expecting earth-shattering contractions and it never got worse than bad period cramps. My water broke and I had no control over the pushing. Thank god my mom was there to catch DD! I didn't even experience "the ring of fire" that I was so worried about! DD was 8lbs 6oz and had a 14inch head. I tease DH and tell him that I should have babies for a living! :)
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 3:37 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• i was induced but didnt hurt at all just got the epi. shot for the hell of it really lol
    teenmommytobe16

Answer by teenmommytobe16 at 3:37 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Congratulations!!!
    You are Very lucky!! I had natural childbirth and I felt pain from the first contraction in till she was born, then relief!!! 10 minutes after she was born I was up in the shower and walking around and not bed ridden like most are when they use medical interventions.. Natural is the way to go ladies!
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 3:47 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I had strong contractions and didnt feel them when i was in preterm labor the nurses were you cant feel that im like no they were telling me how lucky i was but i still got the shot lol Now im pregnant again and i wanna try natural this time !By way congrats!
    proud_mum_mum

Answer by proud_mum_mum at 4:33 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Meant by the way lol srry!
    proud_mum_mum

Answer by proud_mum_mum at 4:34 AM on Nov. 19, 2009