MY DAUGHTER WON'T GO POTTY IN THE POTTY

MY DAUGHTER SHOWS VERY MUCH INTEREST IN POTTY TRAINING. BUT SHE JUST WON'T DO THE DEED

belladavidsmom

Asked by belladavidsmom at 9:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try having potty-time for a few hrs a day.I have done this with both my girls and it has worked and is working.
    cece122704

Answer by cece122704 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Well I have successfully potty trained 2 children. I have one that should be starting, but she refuses. I really don't understand. I buy the panties, I even bought her her very own Elmo potty. She sees me go. She sees big sister go. She knows when she needs to be changed, but she wants a diaper back on. She will be 3 in October.

My best advice is first, wait until she is ready. Some kids are early, some are late, but I think an average age of 3 is about right.Then when the time is right, or she is 3 and still not doing it, try the M&M trick. That is what worked with my 2. We bought a huge bag of M&M's and kept them in a container in the bathroom. When they went pee, they got 1 m&M and when they went poop they got 2. It works because it's so little yet yummy, so they want more so they keep going! Good luck!
    Blaines_wife

Answer by Blaines_wife at 9:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• We gave our kids rewards when they actually did the deed...it took time but we went through the motions everyday until they actually produced some.
    Itspartytime

Answer by Itspartytime at 9:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Depending on how old she is, maybe she's not ready... taking interest in the potty doesn't mean she's ready to use it. IMO, put the idea on the backburner. Set up a potty chair in your bathroom & have her sit on it whenever you go in there to pee, but don't force her & for a while, don't even have her undress. Try having her go pee in a month or 2. If you wait a little longer, she may be ready & it'll be a lot easier for both of you.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 9:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2008