if you won 100 million dollars...

What would you do with it? Would you give it to family, how much would you give them....would you give to any chairities, which ones?

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 2:09 AM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• First I would buy my family a house. I would put some away for my children, for college, their car, etc. I would give some to my family or maybe buy them some of the things they need. As far as charities, I would donate some of it to the salvation army, cancer research, and mothers who have been abused and live in shelters. I would want to start my own organization to help moms in that situation also.
    tree1997

Answer by tree1997 at 2:13 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• for me...we would first divide it up for all of our family...probably atleast a few million each ( and there are alot of family members lol ) ...we would buy a big chunk of land where we could build our dream house....we would buy 2 new cars...I would build like a playground in my backyard for my kids.... I would also buy a few more houses to rent out really cheap to people who need places to live..and also for another source of income for when the money is gone lol ( around here you can get a really nice house for under 100,000 ) ...I would give to chairities, probably most of them would be or child illnesses, but also Marfans research, seeing how my husband and daughter ( and probably my son) has it...I would also have a classroom set up in my house and pay for a teacher to teach my kids, because they would have to be homeschooled, I would be worried someone would kidnap them for money or something.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 2:14 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• also i would put like 5million away for both of my kids for when they turn 21...to either go to school or to start a family..etc.
    glamomomo

• I would put some away I would donate some I would give some to my family and the rest we would blow it on whatever the heck we wanted to
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:36 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• besides the usual house buying, trust fund stuff, I would donate a comple million to Fred Hutchison Cancer Research Center for them to find a cure for breast cancer. (Iam a 6 yr survivor and LOVE the Hutch as we call it).
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 2:36 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• house for me and my daughter, one for my parents, one for my sis (but only if she moved back here..lol) put lots away for my daughter when shes older, buy a couple cars for my parents, i dont drive, so i would hire me a chauffeur (sp?) lol, i would donate to the local childrens hospital, spca, breast cancer, id sponser some kids from haiti, travel, go on cuises, oohhhhhhhh that would be so nice to be able to give back!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:53 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Pay off my house and all bills including cars. Build a new house (we live in double wide) college funds and trust fund for three kids, pay off all bills, go to doctor/dentist appointments, some to the bank to earn interest. After taking care of all of our needs we of course would pay off things for our families. We actually talked about it, and it may sound mean, but the stipulation for us giving them money would be they had to go to the doctor and dentist, too. I want my family to be healthy, and its expensive to take care of those things. So they'd be all caught up on their health, and bills then they could spend money on whatever. Then I'd give money to the local animal shelter so they could expand, and to the youth sports here in my town.
    Katlyne120806

Answer by Katlyne120806 at 3:17 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• move closer to the beach, pay off my cc, pay off everyone's houses in the family, pad the college funds, save a million per kid and take a kick arse vaction. Afterwards I would give to St. Jude's.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:27 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Nobody would know. Maybe not even the ol man, teehee.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:38 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• ok, no seriously, 100 mil? that amounts to around 50 mil after taxes if I take it all at one time. I'm 42 and I plan to live to be 100 so that is roughly $850K to live on yearly depending of course on inflation and my brokers fees. Not alot to live on in the future. So seriously, I wouldn't give much if any away, certainly not any more than 90K a year, and I wouldn't go on any spending sprees. Most of it would go to trusts for kids,grandkids and by then it wouldn't amount to much say 50 years from now.
    Unless invested wisely, 100 million is not alot of money to a young person right now.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:43 AM on Nov. 19, 2009