if your husband left you...

if he cheated and then left you...would you try to get him back....what if he wanted to be with this other woman....would you eventually try to befriend her...

I honestly believe that if my husband ended up with someone else...I would want to be friendly with her...afterall some of the time my children would have to be looked after by her....

What would you do if she was an awful woman ?

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 2:24 AM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I couldn't be friends with her even if I tried
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:33 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I'd kick her ass! No, I am just kidding. My ex husband actually did cheat on me and we got divorced. He dated her for about 2 years, and I wouldn't say we were friends, but after some time, I was as nice as I could be to her, because unfortunately my son would go to her house on my ex husband's weekends. But, then they broke up and my ex has had a million girlfriend's since then. I have been remarried for 4 years this december, so I guess karma has its way.
    tree1997

Answer by tree1997 at 2:35 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I would be friend her for the reason that my child would be around her. I would keep my peace for the sake of my child. I know things work out like that , I am friends with my SO ex her and I have known one another longer then I have known my SO. They had been apart for like 2 years when him and I got together. We have always been friends.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• SABOTAGE!!!!! muahaha
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 3:06 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Well, we took a vow...til death do us part so, after 24 years, I would be willing to relinquish him BUT he'd have to honor the vows. The other woman can dig him up after he's dead and have him then but first he has to honor his vows to me. LOL

In all seriousness if, after 24 years, my husband wanted to leave me for another woman I'd let him go. I am not going to beg. Marriage takes work and if he'd be willing to quit on our marriage & find someone else without trying to work things out then he'd be free to go. I don't want to be with a quitter.

Would I befriend the other woman? No. But, we have 4 sons and grandchildren so I would be civil so as to not put my sons in a difficult position. Inside I'd be pissed and hurt but on the outside I'd be civil and collected.

tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 3:33 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I absolutely agree with tracylynnr67!

Well, except for the 24 yrs, 4 sons and grandchildren part. For us, it's 17 yrs and two teens :-)

lol - my dh and I have a joke about this, I tell him if he ever left me for another woman, she better love him enough to support him, because I'm taking him to the cleaners, and he jokes that he would never leave me for another woman, because I would refuse to do the paperwork for him (lol, he'll file the bills, bank statements, etc, but he hates dealing with filling out forms, researching someone for this service or that one, making appts, etc...) :-)

But we both have a warped sense of humor, so we know we're both joking. In seriousness, I would try to forgive and work on it if he cheated (TRY being the key word), but if he didn't want to do that, and, after all these yrs and history, he wanted to walk out and be with someone else, then I don't want someone who could do that.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:50 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Oh, and as far as the other woman, I would be polite and as classy as I could be about it. For the sake of my kids. And, petty as it sounds, also because I wouldn't want to do anything that either of them could REMOTELY say "see, look how nasty and mean, or how over the top, (or whatever) she is, I can see why he left her for me" Or "see what a !)#$$% my ex, is, who can blame me for wanting to leave..." I wouldn't want to give them the satisfaction of ever, even the tiniest bit, be able to justify it to themselves because of something I did after the fact. Mean, probably, but that's my honest feeling on it devil mini

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:54 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Well first I would be pissed but if it did happen then I would try to be friendly with the other woman but I wouldn't be friends with her. I get along pretty good with my husband's ex girlfriend that he has a daughter with. The way we look at it is it's not going to be good for the daughter if we don't get along. It's just easier all the way around.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 7:47 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Befriend her? No! Be civil to her? Yes. I would be nice and respectful but I wouldn't be her friend. I'd do it for the sake of my child. I'm civil w/ DH's ex for the sake of my stepson it just makes it easier on him and that's what is really important. And trust me when he's not around and she's not I say some pretty evil things, but I really can't stand her.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 10:26 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I'd kick her ass first and yes i would.. And two my husband would never cheat on me so the possibility of saying WHAT IF. is not in my vocabulary.
    Anonymous