yeast infections for 10 years.

I have had a yeast infection on and off set I was 9 years old. I got it because I was molested as a child. I still struggle with it and my boyfriend thinks I should of took care it by now. I hate it because I have try everything and it just comes back. Is it normal for a women to struggle with this or should I be worry about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Health

• I know some get them more then others. Are you eating yogert daily?? I know that helps some. My g-ma gets them alot and Dr had her eating the plain stuff everyday. Have you talked to your Dr about this could be that you have something else going on down there thats is causeing them! GL
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:42 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• To help, eat yogurt everyday, drink plenty of water, use sensitive soaps in the shower, make sure that you keep yourself dry and clean. Don't spend a lot of time in wet bathing suits and make sure that you dry completely after showering. So this in junction with a cream or other over the counter medicine. if the problem persists talk to a dr. about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:25 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• have you been tested for HPV?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:13 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• You should do a candida diet to get your body back in balance. You can do this on your own, or with the help of a nutritionist; your skin will clear up, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:30 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I take probiotics (basically yogurt but stronger and I dont have to eat yogurt everyday. I dont get yeast infections anymore. Also if I take antibiotics...it kills good bacteria too which can give you a yeast infection so I always take proboitics to keep the good in me. Come to think of it...since taking probiotics I havent needed antibiotics again either.
    enetsala

Answer by enetsala at 11:06 PM on Nov. 19, 2009