How to discontinue birth control?

My husband and I are thinking about having a second child. I am currently taking birth control pills and I have a one month supply left before I will need to get more. My question is can I just stop taking them or do I need to consult with a doctor before stopping?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 AM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i just always just stopped mine. never had any problems but i have heard to wait a lil while after stopping to start ttc but not sure if its true or not
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I just stopped mine. I had just started a new pack too.
    MissMorgan07

Answer by MissMorgan07 at 7:56 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I would wait until the end of a cycle, so when you get to the pills that don't have the hormones, the week you get your period, you can just stop. I stopped mine in the middle of a cycle and my cycle got so messed up for a couple of months after. When I told my dr, she said that they recommend you wait until your period starts, then stop taking the pills.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the last response. I stopped mid cycle and was messed up for at least 2 months before I had a normal period again.
    Anonymous