For mamas that have gone back to work

My son is 1 and I'm thinking about getting a job. I haven't worked his whole life and he's only been away from me maybe a dozen times. Anyone else go through this? What are your thoughts or advice on the idea of going back to work. Who watches your child? How did you pick a sitter or daycare provider?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Go back to work and find yourself. I know it's important to be with your child, but it's more important that motherhood enhances you, not becomes you. Me? I put my DD in daycare when she was 3 months old. Best decision ever. I see her interacting with children, and she loves the daycare providers. No separation anxiety at all. She loves being around other people. I picked the best provider in the city. Voted "Best of" for 4 years, and it's 2 minutes from my work. I know it's ard because you've been with him for a year, but if you really feel you want (or need) a job, now's the best time. Do it before they develop separation anxiety. I saw a mom drop off her 2-year-old DD at the daycare for the first time last week (SAHM for 2 years), and that child still cries every morning. Leaving mom and dad should NOT be that traumatic for a kid.
    SlightlyPerfect

Answer by SlightlyPerfect at 8:35 AM on Nov. 19, 2009