what did you do for your child's first birthday?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 AM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• For my oldest daughter, since she was only 1 year old, I had a get together and served a buffet-style meal to family and close friends. I had a large cake for everyone to eat, and had a tiny little pink cake for my daughter to dig into. She was so cute! She smooshed it, but didn't eat it...lol. Then I sat with her and we opened all her gifts, but she wasn't interested in the gifts, just the bows and ribbons.
    I guess I've always been a low-key mom when it came to birthdays - not made a huge deal of it with themes and huge big to-do's, but a lot of moms who do have just as many wonderful memories. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:33 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• We had a party at my moms, with some family and their kids and babies, there was cake, ice cream, hot dogs, chips, and Hawaiian Punch, and the gifts were great. Her birthday was in sept. and was at night when everyone got off of work, so we couldn't have it at the park like I wanted.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 8:13 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• my son's actual birthday is today! :) we gave him his presents this morning when he woke up. hubby will work tonight until 7p, so we might take him out for ice cream or something when Daddy gets home.

but his birthday party is on Saturday, and we're having a family get-together at our pizza palor here in town. we're gonna have pizza and drinks and cake! and LOTS of presents and fun things! I'm really excited!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 8:30 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• My friend had her baby 5 days after me, and it'll be right before Christmas, so we're having a "double party" the weekend before Christmas. Our family is 600 miles away, though, so we'll celebrate over the holidays. Which is a good thing. DD doesn't know any better yet!
    SlightlyPerfect

Answer by SlightlyPerfect at 8:32 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• All my kids and grandkids had a family party for their first birthday. All the aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings, parents, and grandparents. Really the first birthday party is more for the parents then the child. They are too young to know what is going on, but they may like having all the attention for the day , from all the most important people in their life.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 9:38 AM on Nov. 19, 2009