How many of you have your kids in preschool?

Have you done mommy and me? Did you like it? Are you planning on putting your child in preschool? If you have how is your child responding? Do you see a positive change?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 AM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm a stay at home mom and My daughter is 2 1/2, and she does Dance/ and Little Gym. She also goes to Early Preschool 3 days a week...
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 4:05 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• My daughter is 3 now, but we started a Mommy & Me class when she was 17 months old. She loved it and we have since continued into Tumbling and Cheer. We started her in pre-school in a 2-1/2 year class and she, again, loved it. She's a social butterfly, so the more she's around people, the happier she is.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 7:22 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I never had my kids in a Mommy and Me class, but I did have all 3 of my older ones in a preschool class from the time they were 2/3. I think it helped a lot by fostering "friendships" the have lasted through 3rd and 4th grade currently. They met new friends, I met new moms - it was a really positive experience. And they got to be away from me for a little while, which meant that everything we did together was that much more special. I did all of my "chores" (cleaning, errands, etc) while they were in preschool so I could spend the next 1/2 of the day with them. I plan on starting my 12 month old next August when the school year starts, but only 1 morning /week.

Answer by missanc at 9:17 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• My two girls (now 14 months and 2 1/2) just started a nursery school program about 2 months ago. They go twice a week from 9am until 2:30 (includes a nap/rest time though my 2 year old doesn't sleep there). I had wanted to start the older one in some sort of school program for awhile because I thought it would be good for her; my little one I felt was a little young, so I was hesitant.... but I needed a few more hours a week to work on my dissertation, so I thought I would give it a shot. It has been great. Really hard at first (on me and on the 2 year old -- the little one did pretty great from the beginning). Today I dropped them off and it was all smiles. I've noticed the little one having some skills I didn't teach her (going down the slide by herself), and the older one is now very active in reading time at the library (answers all the questions, etc). I think it's making her more outgoing.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:43 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Mine's in day care. Has been since 8 weeks. She loves it. We also do My Gym since a year and a half. She's 2 1/2 now. SHe loves that too! She loves people. The day care is a child development center so she learns all kinds of stuff. I can see a big difference between her and my cousin's kid who stays home with his mom. (There wouldn't be as much of a difference if his mom actually worked with him rather than just sitting around and letting him do whater.) But anyhow, I love the school becuase I know they teach her things I never would have thought to teach.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Nov. 19, 2009