Can I get some christmas stocking help please?

Hi all I am asking for advice for ideas of what to put in my kids stockings. I have my 2 year old son covered but I am really at a loss for my daughter who turns 1 on New Years Eve, and although he can't use it or see it but I Am making a stocking for my son who is in NICU as he will be there during christmas because he was born so prematurely. I can't go the holiday season and not do anything for him even though he doesn't know it. Anyways any ideas are greatfully appreciated, I am racking my brain and not really getting anywhere

JAJA_Steele

Asked by JAJA_Steele at 4:53 AM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Holidays

• For your DD, maybe something like jewelry, those gerber puffs snacks, some cute hair bows, maybe a baby doll? My DD is 1.5 and so far I have a bracelet for her and a holiday Barbie...We just started shopping, though, so there will definitely be more!
    For your son in the NICU, maybe a GloWorm (my kids LOVED those and still sleep with them, they are 2.5 and 1.5), some cute socks, pacis (if you want to use them), a receiving blanket, etc. Just some cute little baby stuff.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 5:04 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Target has some great princess and superhero stuff in the dollar spot section.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:48 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• For your Daughter, do some plastic ware little forks and spoons, maybe a few princess sippy cups, balls, baby doll,

For your sweet boy in the NICU I think the stocking is a wonderful idea. Maybe a handmade blanket, just a small one, pacifiers, a monogrammed baby hat.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 9:10 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• When my kids were little, I put some things in their stockings that they needed, mittens, socks, toothbrush, special toothpaste, hair brush, etc....then a few small toys.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 9:31 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• i got my 10mo old son a coloring book and colors (the fat ones) he can at least scibble on the page... and a teddy bear, going to get candy(suckers) and i put a dvd in there for him. as for the little baby who will be in my prayers i would think a teddy, a couple passys, just things a baby will use and need as they grow up. i know its nothing special but keep in mind he/she isnt going to remember it anyway so get things they need but dont forget toys!!!!! gives thems something to do other than play with mommie which i dont mind doing..sons blocks are fun...i build he knocks down....hey theres something for your daughter...foam building blocks
    RegenaSeaborn

Answer by RegenaSeaborn at 3:46 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Thanks ladies for the suggestions you have all really helped :-)
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 4:46 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• How about buying a 1st christmas outfit and put it in his stocking.That way he'll have it.Your daughter you can have fun with buying her stuff.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 9:20 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• hey girly hope your babby is doing well . i would cut up a t-shirt or a flannel top of some pjs and sew them up together so your son could have a blanky that smells like you for the nicu i did this and it a small one but he would have the scent of you. for the girly some hair ribons baretts maybe some fun bath toy from the dollar store they have great stuff
    madison4me

Answer by madison4me at 3:30 PM on Nov. 23, 2009