How early does your child get up?

My daughter is 2 and will be 3 in Feb. She is waking up earlier and earlier every morning and Im not sure why. She naps like every other day because its hard to get her to take a nap. She has the same routine and bed time every night, i dont understand why she's getting up at the crack of dawn. I find my self bathing her at 5:30 am because shes up and wont go back to sleep. Any advise?? How old are kids when they change their sleeping schedules?

MommyTurtle1985

Asked by MommyTurtle1985 at 7:42 AM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My DD turns 4 in February and tends to get up while DH is getting ready for work (he leaves at 5am). Luckily, I've gotten it to where she'll crawl into bed with me and go back to sleep until a decent time (which is usually around 7am).
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 7:46 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• 13 month old DD gets up around 7:15-7:30 in the morning.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 8:08 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• My son is also 2 and will be 3 in April. He also is an early riser, I am afraid it might just be in his blood though. I was in the military while I was pregnant and for the first few months of his life. Someone once told me that the sleep schedule YOU have during prego, beocomes their sleep schedule after bitrh. I could kick myself for being prego in the miltary because my days started at 0530 and sometimes earlier. This is about the time that my son begins to wake and want to start his day.

Here's what I do....
    If it's too awfully early, being any time before 0630, I try to convince him back into bed, by fluffing the pillow and straghtening the blankets. This usually works. My DHubby works afternoons, so I try not to let my son into bed with us, I have a futon in my son's room for these early early mornings in order not to disturb my dear DH.
    ldanne13

Answer by ldanne13 at 8:14 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• my daughter wakes up around 8, but she will stay in her room and play or whatever until i open the door at 830. if she wakes up too early, i just tell her that its not time to get up. i want to make sure that i dont mess with the routine, in the event i need extra shut eye.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• My son is 5 and we get up around 545 during the week and about 630 on the weekends. It's rare that he sleeps past 630 and he's always been on a schedule. He goes to bed every night at 8pm and is asleep by 830 if not earlier. I let him get up and by 11 he's ready to take a nap.
    My daughter is 8 and she will sleep until 1030 or later if we let her and thats with going to bed at 8 and being asleep by 9.
    jessicazeksmom

Answer by jessicazeksmom at 9:03 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• My son is one and he gets up between 6:15 and 6:30, not a big deal since that's when his daddy has to get up anyways. :)
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 9:07 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• My son just turned 1 and he gets up around 7, which is the same time my older kids have to get up for school. My dh gets up with him on the weekends, so it's only hard when the older ones are out of school!

Answer by missanc at 9:14 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Both my kids were early risers. My son would insist on waking up before the sun ever did lol. We finally told him that he's not allowed to come to our room untill the sun is shinning lol. My daughter was an early riser as well, but she had a bedtime of 7pm every night at that age, so by 5 or 6 she was wide awake lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:23 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• My 2 1/2 year old gets up between 5:30 and 6:30. Nothing, and I mean nothing, we have tried makes it any later. And believe me, we've tried everything, and very scientifically (giving each new thing at least a week before trying to something else). Agh. In our house, the nap makes zero difference. What we have finally settled on is that she goes to bed a bit earlier than before (7:30), so at least I know she's getting enough consecutive hours. She wakes up the same time no matter what time she goes to bed. Also, we have finally been able to convince her to stay in bed without yelling until we come and get her ... this just finally worked, and we've been trying it for awhile. So now we can get her to talk for about 30 minutes quietly in bed (usually without waking her sister who's in the same room); much longer and she starts raising hell. We've tried to tell her to wait for the light outside... no dice.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:38 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• My DD just turned 4. She has a digital clock in her room and knows not to come out of her room until the first number is 7. She goes to bed at 7:30 or 8 and most mornings she sleeps until 7:30. My DS is 18 months and his bedtime is 7. He wakes up around 5am and whines for about 5 minutes (I don't go in and get him) then he goes back to sleep and sleeps until 8 or 8:30. My DD naps for 1-1.5 hours a day and my DS naps for 2-3 hrs a day
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Nov. 19, 2009