do you have OCD?

What are some of the things you do? I think i might be... but i don't know if my problem would fit with being OCD. I'll share mine after i hear a few...i want to hear everyone else's first to see if i can compare to some.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 8:08 AM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Health

• I have OCD. Somethings I do: my pantry is catagorized and in alphabetical order..same with my fridge. My cabinets are all catagorized. Hanging clothes are exactly 2 finger spaces and catagorized. To name a few..
    I was really bad about fussing because my family doesn't keep thinks neat. I realized I am the one with the issue. I just go behind them and fix things constantly.
    Dani32

Answer by Dani32 at 8:13 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• im a little ocd with the way i clean. like, i have to clean the toilet, tub, sink, mirror for the bathroom. my hubby starts with the sink, and i just feel like it doesnt clean like that and i have to fix it. the way i lock my doors too, i have to lock the deadbolt, then check then lock the bottom, and then check. and i wont remove my foot from the brake when i am about to get out of the car until i open the door and take off my seatbelt. im a weirdo.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 8:41 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• mrsjosey,
    just a quick thought, if you clean the toilet first, everything you are getting on yourself as far as fecal matter germs you are now spreading to the tub, sink and mirror.
    you might want to start with the mirror and end with the toilet. and wash hands thoroughly before moving on to the next area. :)
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:01 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I haven't been dx with OCD, but I know I am. But I have accepted it and realized it's just a part of me, andas long as I can deal with it, I don't need any meds.

I do everything in the same order everyday, even down to how I take a shower, how I wash and in what order, in what order I get dressed. My pantry is totally organized, and I fix it everyday, my fridge has to have things in the same places I think they go. I can't stand it if the paper towels or toliet paper is on "wrong". Even when I log onto the computer I have to check different sites in the same order. Nick-nacks around the house have to be in the exactly spot I put them. If I do anything at all out of the "order" , it confuses me, and I have to start over! LOL.....I know I'm strange!
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 9:10 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• okay...i do some of these things...like the fridge..everything has to be in that spot and the cabinets, but i think thats just normal. I don't no if anyone would consider this OCD but i get way out of whack when i hear certain noises...Like metal on metal or a mack truck putting on its brakes or our cat licking his coat. Kinda how people get when they hear nails going down a chalk board. I know i'm gonna get bashed but our cat especially drives me crazy the way he is always cleaning and i HEAR it. I can hear it from a mile away. Its like i listen for it. I know there is something wrong with me. It drives me even more crazy now knowing my son is allergic to the animal dander and hearing the cat mulch and scratch. I dont know what to do. I'm going nuts
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:48 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Sounds more like a sensory processing disorder. I have OCD, but I obsess on things in my life like when my daughter was diagnosed with autism I spent so much time focused on her that I neglected my younger son, husband, job, etc. I do not have as many issues as I did before becoming a mom. I used to check all the walls and my sheets for bugs before bed. I checked the doors to see if they were locked, even if I was already in bed and did not want to get up. It would drive me crazy and I would have to get up. On my diagnosis I was asked if I worried about my children getting kidnapped and I admitted that it was a big worry. I guess that is abnormal, although I was almost kidnapped and so was my husband. I am not medicated and just deal with the way I am. I cannot imagine being so organized. I am a mess! When I clean I never get anything finished because I start cleaning the kitchen & then get distracted & don't finish.
    jthor

Answer by jthor at 10:26 PM on Nov. 26, 2009