Snus Smokeless Tobacco??

Has anyone heard of this? It's a new smokeless tobacco that you don't need to spit. I caught my 13 yr old daughter with some yesterday and she said all the kids are using this. At least she isn't smoking but I still don't know much about what it is.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• my Husband stopped smoking and went right for tobacco. It is honestly the nastiest thing every and increases there chance of getting mouth cancer. 13 is really young to be starting out on that stuff. And for some people it is just as addictive as smoking. My husband chews ALL DAY unless he is eating he even sleeps with it! I would be finding out how she bought it or who gave it to her. I would be having some serious words with them! But, that's just me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• It's basically snuff in a tiny tea bag type pouch. It still has nicotine and all the carcinogens of other tobaccos, it's just in a neater package. It's also still just as illegal to have on school grounds.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 9:14 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• It's been on the market here and I've tried it to see if it would help me quit the cigs. It still has nicotine in it and I'm sure it's still just as addicting as cigs are but I do see how kids would use it because it's easily concealed and has no cigarette odor. I would have a long talk with your daughter and try to stop her before it becomes a habit but teens think they are invincible. Good luck. Sheila
    Sheila1970

Answer by Sheila1970 at 9:25 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• It can eat a hole through the jaw. It has lots of other bad side effects.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:25 AM on Nov. 19, 2009