Anyone heard of this?

So Im 21wks and tuesday night I started to feel really crappy and this is my 3rd child so I know that it happens some times so I took a warm shower and went to bed. Well then yesterday I woke up with the same cramping pain in my stomach and my lower back and side is killing me plus I was really sick to my stomach and couldn't move without feeling like Im going to throw up. The pain lasted all day yesterday and still today its there and hasn't gone away. I guess what Im asking is, is it possible for my body to be going into preterm labor concidering I am only 21wks? I also feel like Im leaking not a lot but a little so I did a self exam last night and it feels like my cervex is dialated. Has anyone heard of someone going into labor at 21wks if so what happened to the baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Please don't self exam it could make things worse I would call your doc asap Good Luck

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• It could happen, you need to call your DR.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 9:47 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Baby is not considered viable until about 24 weeks and then required intense medical treatment and it is a long, hard battle to survive. Please call your doctor. They can monitor you and see if you are contracting or not. Good luck and prayers for your little one!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 9:53 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• If you are experiencing pain on your right side it could be your gall bladder or apendix, both can give you problems during pregnancy due to the hormone changes. Call your doctor.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:17 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• yes people do go into labor that early but it is fortunately quite rare. it is also very unlikely that a baby that early would survive, although it is possible. i would definitely call my OB or midwife and go see them asap. you could also be sick with the flu or some other virus, or being having braxton hicks. good luck!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• ThrivingMom... gall bladder has nothing to do with hormonal changes. It is caused by calcium build up and it is more common during pregnancy most likely because of the extra calcium that is being taken in.

OP... your outer oz (the one that you most likely are feeling during your self check) is commonly open when you have already had a baby! It sounds like a UTI to me
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:40 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I know that its not my gallbladder I had that removed 2 weeks after I had my 2nd daughter because I had problems so I know its not that.
    Anonymous