ugh, what gift would you give to someone you don't really like, but they're ILs so you kind have to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Holidays

• I always give socks! lol
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 10:06 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Give them candles, and hope their places burns....J/K. but candles are nice and really easy to find.
    54313MomOf4Boys

Answer by 54313MomOf4Boys at 10:10 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• candle, wine, fancy candy or nuts. something like that.
    littleredpony

Answer by littleredpony at 10:19 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• every fricken year we do this secret santa thing only because one inlaw wants to do it, so at first we had to spend $50 on each person so that's $100.00 because me and hubby share our money so i used to make my own homemade things like a fabric picture frame, homemade fragrances, and such but now its like $25 dollars we have to spend on them and last year instead of homemaking anything.....

(cause i caught the drift no one likes my homemade things, every time we pick a piece of paper with a name on it, everyone switches and says "they have money, it'll prolly be something good!")

i went and bought an inlaw that variety pack of Curve perfume, made everybody christmas tree photo bulbs. whether she liked it or not, those items that come in baskets and are all joined as one are the best i can do now these days.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:21 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• lmao

54313MomOf4Boys hahhaha, best answer!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Gift cards are always good. They are not personal at all.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 11:06 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• This is why I hate gift exchanges - you end up buying a gift for someone you don't like. I personally have refused to be in the "family gift exchange" , made for some mad family members but I didn't care. I would have to agree with Jquevara and do the gift card or the old stand by of mugs, calender, lotions, bath stuff etc...
    Good Luck and have fun
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Gift Cards, or one of those baskets that they have at Wal mart already made up. I know its tough!
    swimmachic23

Answer by swimmachic23 at 12:47 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• LMAO... when figure it out PLEASE let me know!! I have the same problem with my SIL!!! ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:04 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Okay so I buy nothing for my Sil(husbands sister)...she is a bitch and I don't like her. I am not obligated to buy anything for anyone. So I say buy her nothing, its not her right to get a gift just cause she is a in law. With my brother and sil, I had bought them things year after year, Gift cards and stuff. Well after several years of getting nothing in return, I stopped getting them anything too. What really stopped the gift giving was a couple of years ago, after they recieved our gift, they sent us a pickle christmas tree ornament...I was done. So maybe a pickle ornament would be a nice gift for someone you don't like! Haha
    Anonymous