How do I explain Santa coming on Christmas Eve?

My little one is only 19 months so this Christmas doesn't matter bc he has no idea. But since me and his dad recently separated I was thinking about making Christmas Eve our day so his dad can have Christmas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Holidays

• idk. i dont lie to my children about that. b/c later on they find out it was all a lie. how horrible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I would leave Santa for his dad since he you are giving him Christmas. As for the whole you are lying to your children blah blah blah, for one I am Atheist Santa is our reason for the season. Two they will understand when I found out I understood and knew my parents did it because they loved me and wanted me to experince all the wonder of the magic of Santa and Christmas.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 10:33 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I might start to make it a tradition to read him the Twas' the night before christmas, that gives him an idea of the whole Santa coming on Christmas Eve, and it is very sweet of you to give his dad Christmas day, hopefully the two of you can switch back and forth each year so you can also see him opening his presents on Christmas morning!
    swimmachic23

Answer by swimmachic23 at 12:46 PM on Nov. 19, 2009