Suggestions for an overnight trip?

Hubby wants to get away this weekend. We can't go too far/too long since we have three pets who will need to stay at home. We don't have a whole lot of cash. I don't really want to just head out of the city and go stay where there is nothing to do - we don't need much, just something to look at when we drive around or something. My head is all stuffy and I can't think at all... Any suggestions of what kind of town or attraction or event to accommodate? I'm not from this place (Dallas/Fort Worth) so not sure what's on the outskirts to do like I would be in my hometown. May or may not be relevant... just looking for some suggestions - any and all! THANKS

figaro8895

Asked by figaro8895 at 10:31 AM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• you could go to the Gaylord Texan and walk around- there is a lot to see? The Great Wolf Lodge is across the street from it- that is fun to look at? and Grapevine Mills Mall is down the street from it? you could stay in a cheap hotel around there? maybe go to Bass Pro shop also? Fellowship church is there- it is the greatest church ever? it is fun to walk around the pond there? you could do all of that for FREE (unless you got a hotel) you could also ride the train from Grapevine to Ft. Worth and walk around Ft. Worth and eat
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Thanks for the suggestions. I am right in that area.... looking for something a little less crowded and a little farther out. Thinking about Granbury/Weatherford/Cleburne - not sure where is the best place to go that doesn't cost (or cost alot) for everything interesting. I just don't know what's in these towns
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:56 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• do a search for things to do in which ever area you want to go overnight at. Join a local forum or look it up on the cities newspaper. Im sure they have suggested places to see.
    Anonymous