My daughters ill...help?

My daughter is 14 years old, she started with pains (she described them as is a hand was squeezing her insides together). These ains went away after a few days, then two weeks later they came back. I took her to the docs and hey said tummy bug and sent her home. Then three weeks later the pains came back and she was sent home from school in agony, she was sent to the hospital and they took her into surgery and took her appendix out. She was fine, until a week later when the pains came back. Shes in agony again and she has just comeout of hospital for the second time. Her appendix was taken out three weeks ago and the doctors cant find anything. Any thoughts? I need help, im sick with worry and scared for my daughters health!! Please!

Ellie_Louise

Asked by Ellie_Louise at 10:32 AM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Sounds like Gallbladder to me. I'm not a Dr but I have had my appendex out at 15 and then I had to have my Gallbladder removed because the Gallstones were huge and there were many of them. Try a fat free diet on her. I know its easier said than done, especially for a 14 year old. But if it is her Gallbladder than it will help. I hope she feels better!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 10:36 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• gallbladder?
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 11:05 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• gallbladder was my first thought as well
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 12:06 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Yes ask them to check her gallbladder! I had to have mine out as a teen and I had horrible stomach pain.
    82ndairbornewif

Answer by 82ndairbornewif at 4:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Try her on a gluten free diet. I've had similar problems. I still have my appendix. Dr's have insisted it was my gallbladder put had no test results to prove it. Still have my gallbladder. However, if I eat gluten, like a couple slices of pizza, I have pain in my side, back, and intestines.

Did the dr give her a script for Bentyl? It's for stomach pain & cramping.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 11:15 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Its not gallbladder. Weve hadher checked and they say its not. They think it could be her bowel but were not sure. She stopped having the extreme spasms in the day but shes getting more ill in her self and the 'dull pain' is getting more severe. Shes still waking up in thenight with the spasms, and she gets so sick and exhausted she cant move. Shes now got the runs and she doesnt want to eat anything. Im sick with worry, anyone got any ideas??
    Ellie_Louise

Answer by Ellie_Louise at 6:11 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• And no, she hasnt had Bentyl. Its ben five weeks now since the operation, and the pain started two weeks before that. She hasnt been to school in a month. Please help.
    Ellie_Louise

Answer by Ellie_Louise at 6:13 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• This reminds me of an episode of House. It sounds like something mysterious is going on and she needs to go to some sort of specialist. I don't think anyone here on CM is going to have the answer. Im so sorry about your daughter and I will be praying for you and your family.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 2:03 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Is she Ovulating? I know when I started Ovulating. I was in and out of the hopstial. It was very very very painful for me.
    Anonymous

• agreed gallbladder or uterus. get test immediately
    MintMochaMom

Answer by MintMochaMom at 5:18 PM on Dec. 2, 2009