US residents fight to hang laundry- Would you mind if your neighbors chose to hang their clothes out to dry?

I prefer it in the spring/summer/fall. I feel like clothes that are hung in the sun light always feel much better on your skin, & it also lengthens the life of your laundry. Dryers shorten the life expectancy of fabrics quite a bit.
Luckily, no one can see my clothes as they are hidden in my back yard.

Would you mind though, if your neighbor hung their clothes out to dry?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20091118/us_nm/us_usa_laundry

samurai_chica

Asked by samurai_chica at 10:37 AM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:38 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• We live in the city. It is against HOA to hang clothes. No, I would not want to see my neighbors clothes hanging outside and I would not hang ours for them to see either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• No. As long as they don't have it in their front yards, I really don't care.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:39 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I hang mine out too. Sometimes even in the winter. I way prefer them to dry outside than in the dryer. I don't care who else does.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:40 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Nope it saves on the power bill as well
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:41 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• apparently, it saves around $83.00 a month for a family of five. That's not bad though, that would definitely add up in my savings.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:42 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• My neighbors hang everything, why would I mind?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:43 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• When I was a kid my mom hung out sheets, towels general clothes but no tidywhities or lingerie. I don't object if even those are hung. They're not my clothes hanging - I have dogs and don't want them tearing down my laundy so I use my dryer.

Now if ladylaundry hung her clothes but naked that I'd have a problem with. lol
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 10:45 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Not in the front of house.  Carin Froehlich has help from her granddaughter Ava as they hang some laundry in the front yard of her residence in Perkasie For everyone to see.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• No I don't. I would encourage it as a matter of fact. IT would save some resources as well as money. I am installing my clothes line in the spring and thankfully I don't live where there is a Home Owners Association that I willingly pay to tell me what I cannot do with the house I pay a mortgage on. Thank goodness!
    karmalove

Answer by karmalove at 10:46 AM on Nov. 19, 2009