my daughter is 2 months and is currently drinking similac advanced powdered milk with iron and she throws it up repeatedly after long periods of time, should i change her milk?

Mrs.Stewart1

Asked by Mrs.Stewart1 at 10:39 AM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sometimes the iron in the formula hurts their stomach but talk to her pediatrician or call a WIC nutritionist and ask.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:40 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I would talk to you Pediatrician, they can give you better advice but my son did this too and he ended up having to go on Soy Formula. Theres also a formula called gentlease or something like that, its suppost to be easier on the tummy. Definatly give your Pedi a call though!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 10:41 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• She might have refux and no matter what you have her on, she's gonna throw it up. My daughter was only BF and still threw up like something from the exorcist. I would talk to the doc. If the signs are right, they can give her medicine that helps a ton. Good luck.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 10:41 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Talk to you pedi...she might have a reflux problem or might need to be switched to a gentler formula.

grooveybabe004

Answer by grooveybabe004 at 11:20 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I would talk to the doc. My son did this, and we switiched him to a soy formula which helped, but some babies are just spitters. Hes almost one and still does it. But if the babys not gaining weight or seems to be in pain, it could be reflux.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 12:28 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Don't switch without talking to your baby's doctor. Soy should be the last choice. It is the very worst for the baby.

You can always relactate. Moms do it all the time when they find out their baby has problems with formula.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:44 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• My daughter did the same thing and they told us a million things from stomach virus to acid reflux and she had a brain tumor....I would take her to the dr and have them check EVERYTHING this might not be what it is but its still better to have it checked
    emilysmommy0529

Answer by emilysmommy0529 at 12:46 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I started breast feeding my son. But i didnt produce enought milk so I tried supplementing which was more of a hassel than anything. I used the Similic Early shield that the hospital gave me but it did the same thing to him(made him throw up).. So I called his Dr and the nurse advised me to try the Isomeal(cant spell it right...but redish can) Even after that he kept throwing up after every feeding and through out the day but he was gaining weight really good (maybe to fast). I asked his dr and she decieded it was acid reflux. So in closing if your baby is spitting up alot you need to talk to his/her dr. There may be something major going on or he/she could just not be able to digest his/her milk. As for soy based milk being bad for you child i disagree.. My son is 10 months old and healty as can be. He is 30inches tall and weighs about 25lbs..in the top 100% for his height and age. Either way i wish you the best of luck.
    RegenaSeaborn

Answer by RegenaSeaborn at 2:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2009