Why would a single parent join the military?

They know there's a good chance of deploying at some point and also know that there's noone to watch their baby for them. So why join if your just going to refuse to go to war when called upon?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Nov. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• I don't understand why anyone with a family would want to join to military. Your signing up to leave them and have them fend for themselves for the most part. Why put them through that?
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:54 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I think it is fine to join but you need to have two solid family care plans in case one falls through and when I say solid I mean they have kept your child for and extended period of time and where capable and did it in a manner that you are comfortable with.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 10:50 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Who knows, I personally feel like she was using her child as a reason to not deploy.... You signed an oath just do it. My husband is in the army and when he was told he was being deployed he didnt back out of it. He has a wife and a young child you think he wants to go??? NO, but hes going because that's what he is trained to do. Its his job.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Money, education, a leg to stand on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Dunno, let's ask her when we meet her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Because the military will put your whole family through college. They give you a free place to live. Its a guaranteed job. Maybe people don't want a desk job it sure isn't working for 10 percent of America right now. Fend for themselves? If i cant raise my child and live on my own without a man then im not a woman. Thank god for them men who join the army.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:59 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I never said that you had to have a man around- I'm a single mom. A man who joins the military while he has a family to take care of isn't a man. A free place to live is worth him or her possbile loosing their life or getting injured? Really?
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:02 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• He is taking care of his family and his country. So are uou saying amrried men shouldnt be police officers, fire fighters, dea agents? Because they could be killed too. My husband could go drive to work today and be killed in a car accident. My hubby is in the army but there has never been one time that I ever felt like I was not being taken cared of. Yea he could die , but so could you.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:07 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Yeah, anyone could die at anytime. But why up your chances by signing up to go to war?

I beileve that police officers, for the most part, do their job and protect us. Unlike the military that doesn't seem to be doing anything.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:12 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Not doing anything.. So the people that are dying over seas is what blowing themselves up? Its the President who is not doing anything. Not the soldiers or did you forget how that works? The president is their boss. So why he is sitting there going uh uh uh i don't know what to do. His employees are getting killed. The military made this country. The military is the ones that go to war not the fucking pigs ( no offense if your hubby is a cop). You have got to be the most disrespectful person who ive ever meant. Its no wonder your single.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:18 AM on Nov. 19, 2009