What is PCOS???

After two years of irregular cycles and other problems the dr. has decided that i have pcos ( polycystic ovarian syndrom) just wandering if anybody else has this ??? whats the best treatment??

kymommaof4

Asked by kymommaof4 at 10:52 AM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Polycystic (pah-lee-SIS-tik) ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a health problem that can affect a woman's menstrual cycle, ability to have children, hormones, heart, blood vessels, and appearance. With PCOS, women typically have:

* high levels of androgens (AN-druh-junz). These are sometimes called male hormones, although females also make them.
    * missed or irregular periods
    * many small cysts (sists) in their ovaries. Cysts are fluid-filled sacs.

Here is the link http://www.womenshealth.gov/faq/polycystic-ovary-syndrome.cfm#a
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 10:57 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Sorry meant to say the link has ways to treat it also.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 10:58 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I was on metformin for a year before I got pregnant with my daughter... if you get the kind i had it'll give you the shits.. but it helps you loose weight which also helps! but you can't take it when you get prengant
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 7:04 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• My Dr thinks I have this too.... he has not done any test but has me on metformin. This is an antidiabetic medicine and is supposed to help with ovulation.
    Anonymous