My son eats at daycare but nothing at home. Please help..

I have a 16 month old baby who goes to day care 3 times a week. He eats solids in day care and the food i pack for him. When he is at home, he does not eat anything but throw tantrums. The same food that i pack for him in day care, he does not even look at it at home. The minute he sees me getting food or the spoon close to him he starts crying loudly. I keep finger food on the tray so that he could self feed but he throws everything on the floor. I pull off the tray and attempt it again after 30 mins but the same thing happens. the whole day goes with him not eating anything.
I am going crazy with this behavior and need some desperate help.
Please suggest something. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He might be teething. Drinking too much, there could be alot of reasons.

How many drinks does he have?

Is teeth coming in??

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:01 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• He drinks milk like 16 -18 oz a day. But the problem is that 16 oz are spread through the day. He drinks milk in small quantities like 3 oz at a time. He is teething too but i dont understand if he can eat in day care why not at home and its the same food.
    mumofAB

Answer by mumofAB at 11:04 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• My kids always behaved completely different at daycare. They would simply go down for naps there, not at home. They stopped using bottles at 1 year there, not at home. I think it's because at daycare she just has so much experience and expects that kids will behave a certain way, and so they do. I'm sure he will come around, keep trying!! Good luck!!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:14 AM on Nov. 19, 2009