2012????

Just want some personal opinions from other moms about their beliefs on 2012.

micahsmommy512

Asked by micahsmommy512 at 11:23 AM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think that potentially there is enough "evidence" (not proof) that there is a good chance we will see some significant if not A significant occurence in that time that will change or "end" the world as we know it now. Do I belive that this specific year or date will be the last day of earth and life on it? No.

I do think we are seeing more and more signs of the end times and we need to prepare. Even if 2012 is total and complete hooey and the year goes by like any other what does it hurt to prepare for a disaster with some food and medical preparedeness? In my honest opinion I think great "world wide disaster" or not we are heading in a direction where we all want to be prepared for "in case" whether it is the crash of the U.S, collapse of our country or something even bigger.
    lanimommy81

Answer by lanimommy81 at 2:32 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Stop worrying about a future that you will not be able to control IF it even happens. My opinion is it's all hype like Y2K. And even if by some chance it isn't what are you going to be able to do about it?? Enjoy the present time now and save the future for the future.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:26 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• im honestly not worried about it....just asking what everyone thinks...read the question
    micahsmommy512

Answer by micahsmommy512 at 11:31 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Jesus didnt know when the end will be, so im sure common man doesnt have the answers either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Enough already! There has been a post everyday since that movie came out! This whole idea that the Myans were predicting the end is bull. There calendar typically ran out at a certain point and they started a new cycle. They were so far ahead they just didn't start new cycle.

Jesus didnt know when the end will be, so im sure common man doesnt have the answers either.

Anon- Jesus is God, He knew and knows all.  He chose not to tell us because we couldn't handle the answer very well.  Just look at all the other end of the world predictions and see how crazy we get.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:36 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I will be damned if my kids are going to die when they are only 5 and 3.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 12:45 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• If Jesus is God and he knew, then he wouldnt have said, not i, only the father knows. he's not going to lie. he wouldve said, I know, but the time isnt right to tell you or something to that effect.
    Anonymous

• I have to agree with the first poster. I think is all hype just like Y2K. Its crazy. We will all die when God says its time to die. So whether its tomorrow or December 21st 2012 either way...only God knows. So i guess we'll find out won't we. Otherwise its all bull hockey! IMO
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 12:52 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• i watched a special on this on National Geographic the other day. i have not seen the movie, and i heard bad review so i don't think i will ;)

basically i don't believe the mayan's other beliefs so i don't know why i would believe this particular belief of theirs. that special was pretty interesting though.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:53 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• i guess it wasn't a "special" just a show. lol
    Stefanie83