flu shot or not?

do your children get vaccinated for the flu or swine flu? why or why not?

micahsmommy512

Asked by micahsmommy512 at 11:25 AM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Health

• I have my ds (who is 10yrs old now) vaccinated for seasonal flu yearly and have since he was very small. He and I get them done together each year.
    He was, just yesterday, diagnosed with H1N1 and I can tell you, he is the sickest I have ever seen him in my life. (Thankfully he is asleep at the moment). It hit suddenly, no warning AT ALL.
    He is taking Tamiflu and Phenergan for the nausea for the next 5 days and we are giving Tylenol and Motrin for fever but that is about all we can do for him. It is hard to just feel so helpless listening to him just constantly whimper because his head and tummy hurt so bad.
    Needless to say, I went and got my H1N1 shot last night.
    They gave dh and I both 10 days worth of Tamiflu as well for preventative measures.
    Do I wish now I had been more proactive about finding the H1N1 shot for ds? Yes.. I didn't realize it was available in our area yet until the MD told me where to go.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 11:44 AM on Nov. 19, 2009