How do you feel about abortion?

I found out I was pregnant. After thinking about it me and my SO decided on having a abortion. So I go down to planned parent hood to get the process started. They wanted to give me a ultrasound to find out how far along I was. Before they started they asked me if I wanted to know if I had more than one so I said yeah. Just my luck the doctor told me I had twins inside. For a moment I get all excited and let her know I need more time to see if I am still going to go through with the abortion. I immediately go home to tell my SO. Of course we were both shocked now after a day or two of finding out about the twins he still wants me to go through with the abortion. and of course I really dont. We have a 6 yr old. son , when he was 2 I got pregnant and had an abortion. the year after that got pregnat with a girl,gave birth to her but sadly she passed away from SIDS when she was four months. Two years later we have a son ........

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• This is really a choice you'll have to make for yourself. I never had an abortion but initially thought about this with my first born. Instead I choose adoption, however this has also caused me heart ache and a long journey of pain. I don't recommend this choice unless circumstances are really dire.

If I was placed in the same situation I would follow my heart. I believe what all children need is simple; their mother and father. I understand that your financial situation is tight and yes 4 children that's tough too. I also believe that children help us find strength to make sacrifices and do what we have too. There are lots places that can give extra help, for food, clothes etc...children don't need lavish toys, clothes, housing.
    I think your husband is scared, my husband wanted me to abort all my children, now he is greatful I didn't.
    You don't know what the future holds, your circumstances can change.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 11:56 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Im pro abortion however I do believe that before you go do an abortion you should think about adoption. Not to get all spiritual and shit, but do you think that maybe you ar supposed to have these babies? I mean with all the sad things that have happened maybe your supposed to have them. you should prob switch bc it doesnt seem to be working out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Sweetheart, you have to do whatever is in your heart! If you want to love those babies, then love them. I personally think that whatever your choice is, you have to own it. I would hate for you to have regrets either way, so follow your heart.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 11:40 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• he is now 10 months. I understand where my SO is coming from basically we cant afford to have another child right now. but I think thats sort of being selfish. I really feel confused and I dont know what to do because I was going to get an abortion but since I found out Im having twins. Who aborts twins? Having twins doesnt happen that often. How are we going to get through this if we do end up having them. going from two to four kids. that is alot of kids and I would probably have to be a stay at home mom.....there is just alot on my mind and its a shame I feel like a fool because I got myself in this situation and I dont even kno w what to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• This is a personal decision you should be discussing with your husband, not with random people on cafemom.
    huniyxyz

Answer by huniyxyz at 11:44 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• oh really wow. I support abortion for medical and rape reasons but not as a method of birth control past 1 abortion.
    Respectfully for your position and children, partner - I strongly suggest you get personal counselling to help you straighten out your life. Multiple abortions you might be headed into plus an infant death and two births - with a partner who doesn't want trouble.

That is so judgemental on his part and self serving sexually himself. He clearly doesn't see you as a worthy lifelong partner. He does see you as a bank to take deposits of himself.

Call Community Service Organizations - BirthRight (or BirthRite) is one -don't know how anti abortion they are. Churches if you're in one can often times guide a parishioner into Community Services and stand as support.

I have two kids in their twenties - a son and a daugther and a teen daughter. I would love my kids no matter what's happened on their roads in life.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:46 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• If you do not want to have an abortion, do not get one. Your SO can not make you do it. But you might loose him because of your decision to keep the babies.

Answer by louise2 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• i'm pro-choice, not necessarily pro-abortion, but I do support medical reasons for having one (I.E. life threatening to the mother) or if the woman was raped. My mom wanted me to have an abortion when I told her the news i was pregnant but said NO. I was 27, done with college, had a steady job, though unplanned, SO and I were excited, and I was at a time in my life where I was ready to be a mother.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:54 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Things happen for a reason. These babies are meant to be and if someone is telling you to get rid of them instead of supporting the lives within you, there is a problem. I have never heard someone regret having their kids, but I have heard people regret having an abortion. I say have these babies and if for some reason you can't keep them, put them in an open adoption where you get constant news on their development. Who knows...one of these babies could be the future president or the person who cures AIDS. You will be the one they thank for giving them the gift of life.
    Anonymous

• My opinion on abortion is this....
    I think it should be avavilable for women to get, BUT only in certain cases. I don't think it should be there as a "get out of jail free" card. I think if it's medically necessary then it's ok, or in cases of rape/incese. If people are going to have unprotected sex and have that risk of getting pregnant then they should face the consequences.
    I have two cousins who have had abortions. One cousin already had 3 kids and her mom made her get the abortion and it torments her now thinking that she could have another kid right now. My other cousin slept around alot and I think has had 2-3 abortions and didn't give it a second thought and now she's married and has a little boy thats about a year old. I don't think abortion was ok in either of those cases.
    It's your decision in the end, but twins don't happen all the time and now it's 2 babies, not just one.
    Do whatever you feel is right.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 12:05 PM on Nov. 19, 2009