babys cold is very disruptive.......

noone in my house has gotten a full nights sleap due to her waking up every 2 hours cause of the cold. the ped said to only use baby vaporrub but its not enough. i live in a small apartment and my older kids room is right next to mine where baby sleaps and she is waking them up all night to. my husband is having trouble at work and my daughter is having trouble at school bc of this. help?

cassie_m

Asked by cassie_m at 11:44 AM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I am agreed on saline drops up the nose, and if you don't have a humidifier, a steamed up bathroom for 20-30 minutes works pretty good too ;) It will pass, just do what you can and hang in there. You might want to give her a little tylenol before bed too if you think she has a sore throat.
    SavvyMomma1809

Answer by SavvyMomma1809 at 11:57 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Try a humidifier and some saline drops in the nose. Sorry, but everyone's going to have to sit tight. It wont' last forever, and you can't give cold medicine to a baby. Hang in there.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:47 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• A crying baby is difficult for the whole family. Maybe you and the baby could move out into the living room.

There isn't much you can do for a baby. You can't give cough syrup or other over the counter meds. You can use a cool mist humidifier. A suction bulb or nasal saline can help the baby breathe better.

If you are breastfeeding your baby will probably get well quicker and have fewer illnesses. When your baby is sick you can always breastfeed even if the baby is having vomiting.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:52 AM on Nov. 19, 2009