What do I pack in my hospital bag?

Im having a schduled c section on Dec 9...what should I pack in my bag??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You can find all kinds of lists online. All you need for sure is a car seat and an outfit for the baby to go home in.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:46 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• giant underwear, food, clothes, toothbrush, hair ties
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:49 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I packed so much in mine and honestly I never opened it. They supplied everything, even deodorant and a toothbrush! I wore the hospital gown. They provided pads. All I really needed was something to wear home and something for the baby to wear home. Bring a camera and phone book, a hair brush and a bath robe if you want it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:53 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• You back the same things as if you were having a vaginal birth. I had a labor ending section and then two more sections. After vaginal birth there can be vaginal bleeding same with a section. Good lengthy sanitary pads are helpful. With my first section that hospital was incredible - for the section moms the nurses came in every morning and filled squirt bottles for us with warm water for us to squirt ourselves on the outside to help keep ourselves free as possible of dry blood and bacteria from warmth from body heat and our undies in that area.

After your section you'll probably hurt when laughing or coughing for a while even after home.
    You might want a personal pillow to use, they'll prob. suggest this after delivery, to hold on your abdomen to help against hurt laughing & coughing.

With my first section, I never had abdominal surgery before, reaching my feet way down to the floor from bed really hurt. Mbe a stool.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:53 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• SNACKS! i was hungry and so was hubby.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Honestly, you don't need to take that much to the hospital, but do stock a few things in the house because you aren't going to want to leave home for about a week. Make sure you have pads at home rather than sending hubby out and hoping for the best. A nice new pair to streach pants or tent style dress to wear when visitors come to your house to see the baby. You never know what will fit. I remember shopping shortly after one of mine was born and holding on to the shoppng cart for dear life. That was miserable, but he came early!

Do take something to wear home for both you and the baby, Have the car seat strapped in to the car. And bring your own slippers and hair brush. Pretty much everything else was provided including a comb, tooth brush, mouth wash,... It would hurt to double check that with your hospital.
    Anonymous

• wouldn't hurt to double check SORRY
    Anonymous

• I'm having a planned c on dec 8th! I plan to bring a laptop (my hospital has wireless internet), my camera, camera cord, and extra batteries. My cell phone with charger.
    I'm bringing my glasses and contacts. My hospital does not provide shampoo so I am going to bring all my bathroom stuff (toothbrush, hair tie, brush, ect...)
    I'm bringing a robe, nursing gown, slippers, and big undies. And an outfit for the baby and I to wear home. Oh- don't forget a receiving blanket to bring the baby home too. And something extra warm if you live somewhere cold.
    I am also going to bring a lot of snacks because I remember being hungry all the time when I had my first.
    Hope this helps. Good luck!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:59 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I brought pillows and was glad I did- the hospital pillows were flat and hard and I liked having extras for under my knees and supporting the baby while I nursed. And nursing tops and your own pj's or sweats if you don't want to wear the hospital gown. Your toiletries, a nursing book if you plan to breast feed. I brought and used Lanolin for my nipples, too, was glad I had that. Of course your car seat and clothes for baby and to wear home yourself. Honestly, my hubby was going back and forth to home everyday so if I wanted anything I had him bring it, or my mom, but for the first day at least I really didn't need anything, excpet those pillows. Good lcuk with your delivery!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:04 PM on Nov. 19, 2009