What would you do if you found out your husband was sleeping with your mother?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• Wow. I think that would be one thing completely beyond my capabilities of forgiveness. I would probably leave the state and leave them both behind forever, that is if I managed to keep my temper and not end up in jail for bloodshed. Through a lot of prayer, it's not impossible that I might manage to have a forgiving heart after many years, but things would never be the same. I guess no one would really know until they were in that situation. I hope this is hypothetical and this hasn't happened to you. What kind of mother would sleep with her SIL?
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 12:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Not possible here.... My Mothers been deceased since 2000. He wouldn't anyway, he's madly in Love with me and I take very good care of him.
    Are you asking to see the responses, or has this happened to you?
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• OMG! I hope this is just hypothetical. Immediately file for divorce from hubby and sever any relationship with my mother.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 12:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I would file for divorce and never speak to my mother again.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:17 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• puke! throw him out, call a divorse lawyer. disown my mother. tell my dad. tell my brother... puke again...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:19 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Well first I would PUKE!!! Then probably die. Just kidding, but I'd file for divorce and never talk to my mom again.....hey!! ^^^these lady's though so too!
    Anyway, that SUCKS. Is this for real? Are they really sleeping together!! Man, that's so bad. So so wrong.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 12:23 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

I agree totally!
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 12:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I posted this question because its happening to my BEST FRIEND... She has 2 kids with the guy & they just bought a house.. they are staying at her mother for the time being.... I am lost as to what to say to her....
    Anonymous

• They are staying at her mother's, the woman that slept with her husband? That's really sick.

I'd be disgusted with my husband, but I would be extremely angry with my mother. What kind of mother would do something like that?
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 12:45 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• EWWWW thats all I could think, I think my brain would then explode or I would try to wash it with bleach. Once that was done my father and I would go find a good divorce lawyer.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 12:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2009