How do I motivate my daughter in school more?

I am active in her school. She loves school, but does not put the effort that she could into her work. She is behaviorally a great kid, acheiving student of the month every year.. .Teachers love her, but can get frustrated at her acheivement level. We are looking at ADD, IEP, etc.. HELP.

tanya64

Asked by tanya64 at 12:07 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• maybe she is bored. have you asked her why she doesnt like to do the work? my 11 year old step daughter who is in the 6th grade asked her math teacher why she was learning the same thing as last year and they tested her and moved her to 7th grade math. my 7 year old was also having isues and it turned out there that she was putting popularity ahead of academics. and all it took to fix that was to have the teacher move her to a table that was all boys(she is in the boys are yucky stage)
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:11 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Does it really matter? It sounds like she is doing fine. Maybe you are expecting too much?
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:20 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I AGREE WITH GAILLL . N MAYBE YOU'RE PUSHING HER TOO MUCH , LET HER ENJOY HER SCHOOL YEAR !
    happymom1988

Answer by happymom1988 at 12:52 PM on Nov. 19, 2009