any good remedies for a severe sore throat

i tries cough drops i trie garrleing with satwater an this caynne pepper thing i read about. nothing is working

bandh3300

Asked by bandh3300 at 12:10 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Health

• I really suggest probiotics! You can dissolve a pill in a cup of warm water, gargle it and swallow it. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• lemon tea with honey really does good. and you can use it as often as you need. unless your sore throat is caused by swollen glands then you should probably see a doctor.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:12 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• keep a thermos with warm salt water by you and an empty thermos to spit into. plus if you're home we love cold apple sauce - it goes down really easy, and they have kinds that aren't chunky. Put eat just a tiny bit at a time or it'll be overwhelming for your mouth and you'll throw up.

we also use squirt bottles of cool to lukewarm water in it set on wide spray to squirt our mouths - it helps to keep the throat and mouth hydrated.

Feel better mommy - so sorry you're sick much less close to holiday!!!!!!!!!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 12:20 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I always got really bad sore throats too, when I went to the doctor he told me I had tonsilitis...you need antibiotics (I think) to get rid of it. I've had it like 3 times. And I shouldve gotten my tonsils out. Do your tonsils have white puss on them?
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 12:22 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• For temporary relief, gargle with salt water. For a severe sore throat, you will want to be tested for strep. Recently, I had two cases run through our house and antibiotics were needed to clear it up. so if it is strep, it may spread to other family members.

livinghealthy

Answer by livinghealthy at 12:26 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• What ALWAYS makes it feel better for me is boiling a chicken boullion (sp?) cube in 2 cups of water and then sipping on it - the pain is gone instantly. mmmm.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 12:35 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• My Doctor said that over the counter Chloroseptic is the best thing for a sore throat. Tea with honey might sound good, but the repeated swallowing HURTS, so just spray it..good luck.
    islandwalker

Answer by islandwalker at 2:43 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Make a syrup with equal parts honey (anti-bacterial and soothing) and cayenne pepper (anti-inflammatory). Zinc lozenges may help, too; just watch the dosage.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:40 AM on Nov. 20, 2009