I'm in charge of dessert this year and I'm at a loss!!

I'm in charge of dessert this year at Thanksgiving. I am going to make a pumpkin pie, but I want to make something else as well. My aunt usually is in charge of dessert and she is an excellent baker. I have big shoes to fill! I'd really like to try some sort of pumpkin cheesecake or something like that. Any one have any good recipes??

ABryn1011

Asked by ABryn1011 at 12:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Food & Drink

• The Libby's Pumpkin Roll is fantastic, looks impressive, and isn't that hard to make. The key is to make sure you have the exact pan they call for.

http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/detail.aspx?ID=32372
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:17 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Make brownies, your pumpkin pie, then buy an apple pie and vanilla ice cream.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:42 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Mmm, Gailll, that pumpkin roll sounds good!

We're having pumpkin pie, cranberry swirl cheesecake and upside down apple gingerbread cake this year.

PM me if you want the recipes.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 1:11 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• im doing my first thanksgiving at home this year and im doing a chocolate pecan pie for desert.. you can get the recipe on food network.com (which is where i got my entire thanksgiving menu from for the most part)....its seems really easy and sounds really good
    RegenaSeaborn

Answer by RegenaSeaborn at 3:39 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I have a great recipe for Apple Cake with Caramel Glaze. I will PM it to you (too long to post here)
    bocamom62

Answer by bocamom62 at 4:31 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Chocolate Eclair Dessert

1/2-cup butter
    1- cup sifted all purpose flour
    1/4 -teaspoon salt
    4- eggs

Melt butter in 1 cup boiling water. Add flour and salt all at once. Stir vigorously. Cook and stir until mixture forms a ball that doesn't separate. Remove from heat, cool slightly. Add eggs one at a time, beat until smooth.

Spread the crust in a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 450 for 15 minutes, than at 325 for 25 minutes. Remove from oven. It will be very bubbly looking. Let it cool.

Make the filling:

Filling:
    1- lg. vanilla pudding
    1-8 oz cream cheese (softened)
    1-8 oz cool whip

Make the vanilla pudding according to directions on box), add it gradually to the softened cream cheese. Mix well. Spread over the cream puff crust. Cover pudding mixture with whipped cream.

Drizzle Hot Fudge over the top of the dessert. (As m
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 7:12 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I was just thinking..........they came out with that pumpkin pie flavored pudding. I saw it at Walmart just the other day. I'm wondering if you couldn't use that in place of the vanilla or chocolate. I may just give that a try myself. Regardless, this is a HIT everytime. Definitely make it in the near future!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 7:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Apple crisp or apple pie

Gingerbread

Answer by rkoloms at 8:58 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I have an incredible no-bake pumpkin cheesecake recipe - a former coworker came up with it one day and shared the recipe with 2 of us - I'm willing to share it, pm me if you want it! (I've made it for family gatherings, etc, before, and it's always a hit - I have a few people that ask for it every year, even just for their own whole one for themselves for later!).
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 10:59 PM on Nov. 20, 2009