what do you think?

I am a SAHM. I meet every single need of our 5 month old son. I left him with his daddy yesterday for a couple hours and my husband nearly went crazy. I feel that all mothers deserve a little pampering every now and then. My husband won't give me money to get something as simple as getting my hair done. He won't put me on his account so I have no access to our money. He has the money but he chooses to spend it on parts for his hunting truck and dune buggy. What do I have to do to make him realize that I have needs too? I need new clothes because my pre-pregnancy and maternity clothes don't fit anymore. I just feel unappreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• wow if he couldnt handle baby for a couple hours that should be enough for him to realize how hard you work. try telling him that if he wont give you a little money.....even something miniscule like 50$ a week, then you will have to go get a job and he will have to watch the baby while your at work. we all need a little pampering every now and them and no woman feels good about themselves in clothes that dont fit.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:22 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Leave him with the baby more often and do as little as possible around the house when he complains, tell him you treat me like I don't do anything so I thought that was what I would do. That is ridiculous. This is not the 1950's. I am a SAHM and I do the bills and such. Talk to him calmly before you do stop doing things around the house and such. I had to write down what I do around the house and then ask hubby to do a few things. He asked me if I would really do them, I responded how do you think you had clean dishes and cloths today, I am. His did his chores without complaint.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 12:25 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Marriage is supposed to be an equal partnership. You are being treated like a slave.
    Before you married and had a child, didn’t you discuss with your husband how to handle issues like this? You need to sit down with a neutral third party, like a clergy person or couples counselor.
    Good luck!

Answer by rkoloms at 5:01 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• If I were you, I'd go get myself a job. You should never have to depend on anyone, especially a MAN to meet your needs. You need a job. Staying at home, you have to be dependent on someone. Go make a way for yourself....
    Anonymous

• Girl get a work from home job sell something or whatever and put the money back so he doesn't know about it. See how he likes it when you start hiding things from him!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• This is what I do from home for my "pampering and anything extra" money. It also helps pay the bills. If I can help you get started...just message me anytime.

http://www.scentsy.com/my2scents

Another suggestion...if you have to...put your children in daycare, or find a great babysitter...and get a job somewhere...anywhere...a bank (you don't have to have experience to be a teller), target, old navy, kolhs, the mall...anywhere...just start applying yourself. And most of all...stand up for yourself...sounds to me like if your hubby thinks that he's been able to run his household like this...it's time to let him know that it is not ok, and you've had enough. He will probably be mad for awhile...but you can't live like that.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 2:09 PM on Nov. 20, 2009