boys,boys,boys

if any of you had read i thought my daughter didnt have any friends.well in talking to her i found out all her friends are boys.not boy friends just friends as boys.she is a girly girl and a little shy.some of the girls in her class are very aggressive.has any one else found this...oh i should say that i asked her why and she said they were nicer...lol

cleo1977

Asked by cleo1977 at 12:15 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• teenage girls on average are ( excuse the language) bi*#@y. they are difficult to get along with and i think it just means that you have raised an inteligent, sensitive young lady and even though it might freak you out a little, it means she is making decisions of her own accord and not following the crowds. i would be proud.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:19 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• One of my nieces has all guy friends, she is a non sports playing tomboy. She just relates better with them and she is in Jr high.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 12:19 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Our son(13) told me lastnight that one of his best friends is a girl. I know her, she's an awesome girl so I don't have a problem with it. Our 7 yr old said " she's your girlfriend" and our 13 yr old said, "no, you can friends that are girls too".. I think it's awesome, it's 2009, not 1959... My best friend growing up was a boy, and we're still friends.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:21 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• op-ya all my friends were boys when i was little also.i remember walking home from school with them.no big deal...i could tell them anything....
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 12:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I've often found that I tend to get along better with men than women. Women can be so catty sometimes, it's just easier to talk to a guy about some things.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:36 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I agree with her that the boys are nicer. The girls in my dd's class can be class A b*tches. They whine and get nasty when they don't get their way. They talk trash behind their bff's back. It is just amazing. I don't remember it being this bad when I was a kid. Then again, my school was much larger, therefore there were more potential friends. As a teen, I did have a couple of best girl friends, but most of my friends were guys. It was just easier.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Boys are easier to get along with an not nearly as catty as girls. Many of my friends were boys while I was growing up.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:13 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I still have a hard time getting along with other girls/women.. Guys seem to be less dramatic about everything...
    SquiggleBugg

Answer by SquiggleBugg at 11:47 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• My best friends were always boys. Your daughter is right, they are nicer. Girls can be backstabbers, hold grudges and just downright be mean for no reason. By middle school I was just sick of it and hung out with a nice group of guys. I then ended up marrying one of them!
    Anonymous

• I grew up around all boys, my only sibling is a brother and the cousins closest to me were boys my best friend for a long time was a neighbor boy and I was pretty girlie. I had a close girl friend when I was your daughters age and she and I were friends till about 17 then had a falling out for a year or two and are friends again but most of my closest friends have been guys
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 12:42 AM on Nov. 20, 2009