Mucus Plug

I lost my mucus plug end of last week. Everyone I've talked to says that theory is that most women go into labor within a week to 2 weeks. Anyone have this happen? I even researched it on medical websites and it said the same that losing it is prior to going into labor whether its right away or a week to two weeks after.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i do think that is usually the case :) but i have also read that it can regenerate and that women can go weeks after losing it before going into labor. personally, i went into labor 3 days later. good luck! how many weeks are you?
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:29 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• as soon as you start to dialate it will start to come out. the mucous plug essentially 'plugs the hole' of the cervix - so once that starts to open up....out it comes.

lost mine arond 34weeks for all three pregnancies. #1 was 41 weeks, #2 was 39 weeks and #3 was 39ish weeks
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:03 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• u can go into labor as soon as the next day...normally it takes a little longer though lol
    neryamada

Answer by neryamada at 1:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• i lost mine over a month ago.... my doc said that some women loose theirs as early as six months... i still have a month to go.. although with my first i went into labor a week later.. so i really dont think there is any basis on the theory! good luck either way and congrats!!
    jannaboo

Answer by jannaboo at 10:08 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Thanks ladies! I'm 37 wks and just really looking forward to being done with this pregnancy...LOL
    Anonymous