Anybody read the book

20 things adopted kids wished their adoptive parents knew by Sherrie Eldridge.

Is it worth my time to read this book you think? I don't want to have to go on prozac at the end of the book, but I do like to read about these kinds of things.

hollyanne31

Asked by hollyanne31 at 12:21 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Adoption

• I think it is a useful book for an adoptive parent and worth your time. When my best friend began to have some issues arise with her adopted children, I bought her a copy. She wished she had known about it years ago. It is nothing like the Primal Wound which is hard for almost anyone.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 12:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I have this book and it was good to read and helpful but nothing too earth shattering or unexpected. It does not get too in depth but puts things simply and is sort of a good starting point I guess.
    Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 4:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I didn't like it. To common sense and basic. Not even remotely helpful for me and I felt like a big waste of my time and money. Primal Wound...I am really enjoying it. Don't agree with some of it but it is an interesting read. Does make you think.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 4:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• If you are already somewhat enlightened about adoption, it might be too basic. But, if you know virtually nothing about raising adopted children, it might be a good starting point. I like "Adoption Wisdom" by Marlou Russell.....nothing earthshattering either, but answers lots of FAQ and is good common sense.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 4:58 PM on Nov. 19, 2009