do you think Harry Potter is too scary for a 2 year old?

my son loooves the movie but i worry about the troll being too scary. i usually fast forward through the part with Quirrel at the end because i think it's too scary. but he loves the troll. lol. he also loves the OWLS, the train, the pumpkins, etc.

if you haven't seen the movie, please don't respond :) or if you think it's anti-Christian, that's not what i'm asking. thanks!

also my son doesn't watch a lot of TV but he does watch it here and there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• HP was too scary for my kids at 2, but by 4, they loved it. We have the movies at home, and watch them whenever they're on TV also.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:50 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I don't think there is anything scary about Harry Potter. My nephew- who is 3 - loves Harry Potter! My son is only 5 months, so I can't comment on if he will like it - but I love it so he'll most likely be introduced to it fairly early!
    However, each child is different. If you think that your son will have a problem with it, then don't let him watch it!
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 12:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• my kids were scared of parts of it but loved the rest at 2ish. they're 8,6 and 3 now. they didn't like the second one (spiders ick)
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:52 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• You know. I don't think a two year old really completely understand whats going on enough to say if its scary or not. My 14 month old son only watches cartoons but, thats because I personally don't want to introduce him to anything else just yet! But, my 7 year old is scared of just about everything but he likes harry potter!
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 12:52 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• each child is different. my daughter is three and she really doesnt get scared of tv..ever. my 7 year old on the other hand she got scared of where the wild things are.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:53 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• it depends on tegh child i guess, my niece was scared of hades in hercules but she had no problem watching the mummy
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:02 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I believe the first 3 movies are fine for young children but the rest of them no! LOL I LOVE harry potter...I'm a HUGE fan. but I wouldn't let my children watch 4 5 & 6 until age 9 or 10.
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 1:04 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Every parent is different, for my children I don't fast forward through any scene and instead if I feel the child is going to be confused or get scared I pause and explain. My children by age two understood that what was shown on t.v. (with exception to the news) was fake, so I have never had any issues with Harry Potter or any other show/movie they've seen.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 1:36 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Heck my 2yr daughter watches all sorts of movies with her dad. Some I cant even watch. But when they have QT its usually movies at night and she sits up next to him and holds his hand and falls asleep to whatever he is watching. I've never seen her come home with nightmares so its all good to me.
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 1:43 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• My guy has been watching them since he was little. He's 4 now and he's seen them all, including going to a matinee to see the sixth one. He knows the difference between the pretend Harry Potter magic and such and real life. He'll play Harry Potter using a chopstick as a wand (I'd love to know what "Spedomis" is meant to do because he casts that spell all the time!) but he knows that's not how to do real magic and he knows what's what there too.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 2:22 PM on Nov. 19, 2009